Welcome!

Welcome to our wedding blog!

We'll be posting all of our news and wedding updates on this page, so be sure to check back often.

Thanks for visiting, and don't forget to sign our guestbook!

Daniel and Tara

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wedding Update!

We’ve been super busy in the past few months with the holidays and work and wedding planning. Everything is beginning to come together! We have our venue location lined up, our caterer, our florist, and our photographer!

We’re starting to make our vision a reality and we couldn’t be more excited! Our caterer is named Wade, and he is absolutely fabulous. He attended culinary school in Portland, Oregon and then went on to serve as chef at the Four Seasons in Austin, and then Houston. He later sold off all of his restaurants and decided to devote all of his time to catering. We had a tasting with him a few weeks ago, and couldn’t have been more impressed. Check out his website if you have some time!

Our florist Anna happens to be Wade’s sister. She is also extremely talented and is right on the same page with our vision for our wedding.

We are really excited about our photographer, John, as well! John and I went to the same church growing up, and share many of the same friends. As soon as Daniel and I got engaged, I knew John was my first choice to photograph our wedding and our engagement pictures. John is incredibly talented and an all around really cool person! We’ll be taking our engagement pictures with him this summer in California, and then we’ll fly him out to Texas to capture our big day this October. I cannot say enough good things about John’s work, please check out his website or his blog so you can see what I mean!

As for the location of the wedding, itself: we’ll be holding the wedding in Cat Springs, Texas, which is roughly 45 minutes outside of Houston. Daniel’s parents have 12 acres of property out there that they are currently building a house on. I put a few pictures at the bottom of this post to give you an idea of what it looks like. They also had a big pond dug out near the front of the property and Daniel and his dad are building a wooden pier out onto it. It’s starting to fill up from all of the rain this winter (although it still has a little ways to go before it’s full)!

Finally, I ordered my wedding dress! Unfortunately I’ll have to wait another 5 months while they make it for me before I get to put it on! I’m not going to disclose any of the details, so you’ll just have to wait until October 16th to see it….or if you’re anyone other than Daniel you can just ask and I’ll send you a picture :)

Here are some pictures of the property:





No comments:

Post a Comment